2020 is different than any other typical real estate year. Holidays are normally a time when sellers decide to take there homes off the market until after new year. Buyers lay low until they are ready to focus on buying a home and not shopping. 2020 is different because rates are so low, and homes are in such an undersupply there is no slow down in Arizona this year.
Seven great reasons not to wait to sell your house this holiday season:
1. Buyers are active now. Mortgage rates are historically low, providing motivation for those who are ready to get more for their money over the life of their home loan.
2. If your looking for a home during the holiday, typically your a seller turned into a buyer. Sometimes you have moved for work or relocated military. Basically home buyers during the holiday season are more serious and are more motivated to buy a home.
3. You don't have to schedule showings on the actual holiday! You can restrict showings on days you have family over, and you don't want showings.
4. Decorate the house for the holidays! Buyers love it! Agents will be snapping photos and sharing it on social media.
5. You don't have to worry about competing with another seller in the neighborhood for a buyer. There are plenty to go around. Check out the chart below we are in such an undersupply there will be no shortage of buyers:
6. The desire to own a home in Arizona doesn’t stop during the holidays. We are a snowbird state! Buyers We get another wave of buyers from all over the country that want to enjoy our weather and active winter lifestyles.
7. This season in 2020 is the sweet spot for sellers, and the number of listings will increase after the holidays. In many parts of the country, more new construction will also be available for sale in 2021, which may lessen the demand for your house next year. At least that is what the experts are hoping. Level out the market with new home sales.
Images by KCM